An online casino is a virtual casino that enables gamblers to play or gamble through the internet via their mobile phones and computers straight from their homes.
After passing of the Free Trade and Processing Zone Act in 1994, the online software games provider Micro gaming was launched. This changed the gambling scenario with the advent of a variety of online games by Micro gaming, which is currently the largest online entertainment software provider. Internet Casinos, Inc., or ICI, introduced the very first online casino. There are websites which provide online gambling such as pokerqiu.me.
The popular casino games are:
- Reel Classic
- 5 Reel Multi-Pay Line Slots
- Table Games like agen poker, blackjack baccarat, Roulette and video poker.
From 1994 onwards, the online casino business continued to grow as more online casino mushrooming with better software and security features. The year 2000 onwards saw the growth of multi-player games. With the growth of mobile technology, this industry has grown by leaps and bounds in the last decade.
Some facts to know before you venture into the online casino
All online casinos have their software infrastructure provided by some reliable software companies like Micro gaming, Real-time Gaming, Bet Soft Gaming, Partech, NetEnt, NextGen, and IGT.
Most online casino publishes their licensing and certification details, with their payout percentages on their own websites. This shows that online casinos are a reliable, fair, and honest place to play.
All online games are governed by a Random Number Generator determines the outcome. These Random Number Generators are audited by independent specialized organizations, and when the games pass their in-depth auditing, they become certified.
Nowadays online casinos offer sports betting and live dealer casino games. With a diverse range of players, there are a huge set of players to choose from.
Many countries have banned online gambling but it’s in some countries like Canada, most countries in Europe and some states in and around the Caribbean. The law applicable to these casinos is as per jurisdiction. They have to get themselves registered with their respective govt. authority.
Pros and cons of online casinos
- You don’t have to leave your house to play your favorite game
- You will get a matching deposit bonus or no bonus while sighing up at any online casino platform.
- As opposed to offline casino these online versions offer better payment percentages.
- You can play anywhere, as it’s easy on the tablet or mobile phones
- Online casinos have huge jackpot which is individual prize pools. You can earn as many as millions of dollars with these jackpots.
- You have the option of playing from a wide range of games in real money mode or free play mode.
- The wide betting ranges cater to all players belonging to all financial status.
You will miss the usual smell, atmosphere, passion of a land-based casino. If you a sociable, gregarious type, experience in an online casino can make you lonely. You would miss the actual interaction with players, croupiers, dealers etc.
You would have the winning money immediately in the land-based casino but it would take up to 48 hours to have your bank account credited.
If you need any help from any professional casino player, chances are you might get it immediately but sometimes you have to wait in the long online queue.